Author Topic: New Here  (Read 798 times)

Richie_rich

• View Profile
New Here
« on: May 04, 2018, 11:37:22 AM »
Hi everyone,  I just found this place from someone who posted in Reddit.  (FE_Exams).  Glad I found this place.  It's awesome that there is already a forum where people are collaborating and swapping notes about this exam.

I"m curious to hear feedback from those that took passed or failed this exam.  I'm having a lot of anxiety already about taking it!  Will I be able to get a job if I failed.  of shit.

Timmy_s123

• View Profile
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:46:36 AM »
Make sure you are familiar with the NCEES reference handbook. Unlike the PE exam, FE exam is closed book and you get a PDF version of the reference guide to use.

Pay attention to overlap areas, you may think a topic is covered in 1 section, but it's actually in another.  During test day this can play serious mind games with you if you know exactly what you are looking for but don't realize what section it's in.

yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 11:57:01 AM »
I came from reddit too.   I can see how this forum will help us.  It's good to stick together.   

I'll starting working problems tonight.   anyone else?

teen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 12:22:23 PM »
This forum is really getting kicked off!    WE needed fresh blood.    let's start studying.

Timmy_s123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »
Do the problems of the day. it helps you stay motivated.

My 2 cents.

finding_alpha

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 06:52:32 AM »
how did you organize your study time? Did you tackle one subject at a time, and if so did you have a problem remembering the material from the first subject you studied by the time you got to the last one?